Would you dare to go to a networking meet without your business card?.. or… even step out without one? , I guess not.
You could as-well scribble your name and business info on a piece of paper and hand it over. So, why the hassle of carrying business cards on you at all times?Well,
- Easy to Share : It is convenient to share your contact info
- Easy to the eye : It is better readable than when you scribble on a piece of paper.
- Better Safekeeping: BizCard is tucked away more safely compared to scrap of paper.
- Better chances of information retrieval: Hence, more likely to reach out to you / your business on a later date
- Translation : Potential client
Well, the reason to have a website (url) is not much different either
- Easy to Share: It is easy to add on to your business card
(print it, write it, scribble it, just add the url)
- Easy to Update: Brochures can hold only so much information, and need to be reprinted when you decide to add content.
(additional cost, likely to get lost after 3 days, likely to be forgotten after 7 days)
- Generates Curiousity: It makes a great add-on to your online-profiles.
(people are always interested to know more about someone else, cash on it!!)
- Get on Google: Internet is only as far as one’s pocket – and – Google is already the Yellow-pages for businesses.
You don’t want to be left out.
- Content is King and you now have a kingdom to rule : You know that you the best in your business. Now, it is time to make this known to thw world. Use your website wisely.
Strategically placed conent never goes waste.
- Translation: Casual visitor>>Potential client >>Trial version client >> Seal deal >>THE CLIENT
It doesn’t matter if you are providing hard goods or services,
but, having a website is no longer optional… it is an absolute need of the hour.
When was the last time you picked up “Yellowpages” to locate a business?
.. can’t remember…eh ..?
When was the last time you googled for a business or service provider?.
.. few minutes ago perhaps?
See what I mean…
If you are reaching out for google, why should it be any different for your clients?
Having a website ensure that your url pops up when some one searches for what you are offering
(...but ofcourse, that involves another brand-of-services such as
SEO, Search Engine Optimization, SMM-Social Media Marketing, OBP-Online Brand Promotion...etc)