Anurag has requested the following
I need a form to fetch filter data from spreadsheet
as per web user options entered in that form embedded in website.
That's if he chooses sex: female, experience: 2 years,
then he should get names of those person accordingly from Google/zoho spreadsheet/view.
I have no technical experience, so kindly show by giving simple example.
This is very similar to Unique list values, dynamic pick lists & dependent list values.
However, here is a working demo for the regular people (read:non-geeky people)
The SELECT CANDIDATES form shows the list of candidates based on Experience & Sex prefrence of the user, at the form.
- CANDIDATES FORM (associated data: CANDIDATE VIEW)
- Collects details for new candidates
- The data collected using this form, is used to filter and display the records
- Data can be added directly added (Bulk upload) to the view , via, Import Data option
- SELECT CANDIDATES FORM (associated data: SELECT CANDIDATE VIEW)
- We will use this form, to selectively display the candidate names
- This can be a regular / stateless form
Study the code at : SELECT CANDIDATE FORM
- Male / Female preference is set by default, to avoid null error.
- Experience list > Hardcoded to the form
- Coz, the candidates form uses multiselect list
- If your parent form uses a single line / single select list, you can pupulate this link dynamically too.
- Experience > User input > populates candidates list
- Candidates > user Input > dynamically writes and displays the skills of chosen candidate.
Hope this answers your query,
Please feel to let me know if anything is amiss.